OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
We will be collecting supplies for Operation Christmas Child all year long so we can have a packing party in November! Each month we will collect different items!
- February – Stuffed Animals
- March – Hats, Gloves, Scarfs, and Socks
- April – Bar Soap and Washcloths
- May – Toothbrushes and Tissues
- June – Small Toys (cars, dolls, balls, Play-Doh, yo-yos, etc.)
- July – School Supplies
- August – Sunglasses and Flip-Flops
The item of the month may be placed in the appropriate box in the lobby. You can still bring in items from previous months, as well as any other bargain item you find, which can be placed in the “Miscellaneous” box. Thanks for your support!
DISCOVER GROUPS (SUNDAY SCHOOL)
Please join us on Sunday mornings at 9:30 AM for Discover Groups!
- Lower Elementary – Rooms 2-3 (Teacher – Dorcas Reynolds)
- Upper Elementary – Room 11 (Teacher – Carol Weinhardt)
- Junior/Senior High School – Rooms 4-5
- Adult Class 1 – Rooms 7-8 – Each week we will study an overview of a book of the Bible.
- July 15 – Bud Verfaille
- July 22 and 29 – Ruth (Chris Reynolds)
- August 5 – TBD (Jerry Just)
- Adult Class 2 – Library (10:00 AM) – Pastor Mike reviews his sermon from the previous week and goes a little deeper into the subject matter. (Note – this class will not meet from June 24 to September 2 while Pastor Mike is on sabbatical.)
Bring the whole family – there are Discover Groups for everyone! Come learn more about God’s Word!
Koinonia Groups are small gatherings that meet during the week for Bible study and prayer. Some groups review and find life applications from the sermon that was preached the previous week; others enjoy a topical study or a study of a book of the Bible. These small groups are great opportunities to form deeper relationships with God and other believers! Members help each other find ways to make God’s Word personal and practical for their everyday lives! If you are not yet participating in one of the Koinonia Groups and would like to, please see Janet Brooke, the Director of Discipleship, for a group meeting near you!
ANCHORED STUDENT MINISTRIES (YOUTH GROUP)
Anchored Student Ministries – where Life and Friendship collide – meets on Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. All students in grades 6-12 are welcome and encouraged to attend and bring a friend! Please contact Rick and Paige Worley for more information on Anchored Student Ministries.
SCHOOL OF BIBLICAL STUDIES
The School of Biblical Studies is designed to give students a deeper understanding of the Bible. Classes are held on Sunday evenings from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM. The instructors are Rev. Mike Putzke and Rev. Bill McCausland.
Everyone is welcome! You don’t need to have attended previous sessions in order to come study God’s Word with us! Classes will resume in 2018.
- Biblical Hermeneutics √
- The Pentateuch √
- Old Testament Survey √
- New Testament Survey √
- Romans √
- Doctrine of God √
- Doctrine of Man & Sin √
- Doctrine of Christ & Salvation √
- The Theology of Missions ⇐
- Alliance Distinctives
- The End Times – Revelation
Please pray for the unreached! The Joshua Project, a ministry of Frontier Ventures, presents information on unreached people around the world. Each day, a different people group who has not heard the Gospel is featured. The Missions Committee would like to encourage you to visit www.unreachedoftheday.org. You can sign up to have a daily or weekly e-mail sent to you that will tell you more about these people groups and help you to better pray for their salvation!
ALLIANCE LIFE MAGAZINE
If you would like a free subscription to Alliance Life, the official magazine of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, please take a subscription card from the table at the rear of the auditorium, fill it out, and mail it. That’s all there is to it!
Save your postage stamps and bring them to FAC for the Alliance Stamp Ministry! The income from their sale helps support the preparation, publishing, and distribution of a Spanish-language curriculum for Sunday Schools used in 19 different Spanish-speaking countries. Since the inception of the stamp ministry in 1972, over $850,000.00 has been raised!
If you would like to participate, there is a box on the table in the back of the sanctuary (with instructions) for your cancelled stamps. For further information, please see Dan Richards.